We thought, it would be interesting to create a list 10 the most popular or well-known addresses in the World. The inhabitants of several of these addresses (at least, №1) are changed on a regular basis, but the fact, These addresses are significant and do not change. History and Events, surrounding each, keep them well-known for many years to come.
1. 1600 Pensilveniya Avenue, White House (English. the White House) - The residence of the President of the United States. Located in Washington, DC (округ Колумбия) at the address: Pennsylvania Avenue, 1600 (English. 1600, Pennsylvania Avenue), is one of the most popular tourist attractions in the U.S.. The White House was the official residence of the Presidents of the United States, with the exception of George Washington, who has held the post since 1789 by 1797 year. At the time of the completion of the White House 1800 , the President of the country was John Adams. In August 1814 , the White House was burned by the British, then reconstructed and restored.
2. 11 Wall Street New York City - The name of a small narrow streets in the lower part of Manhattan in New York City, leading from Broadway to the coast of the East River. It is considered the historical center of the Financial District. The main attraction of the street - New York Stock Exchange. In a figurative sense, so called as the exchange itself, and the entire U.S. stock market as a whole. Most of the large New York financial institutions no longer have their head offices on Wall Street, moved to other areas of the lower and mid-Manhattan, In Connecticut and New Jersey. One of the last financial mastodons, had an office on the street, JPMorgan Chase компания, sold its building on Wall Street, the German bank Deutsche Bank in November 2001 of the year.
3. Эмпайр Стейт-Билдинг - One of the most famous skyscrapers, known not only in the U.S., but throughout World. He is on a par with such famous buildings, how Cheops Pyramid and Taj Mahal. This structure has been and remains a symbol of the brilliant New York. Forty years ago, the Empire State was the tallest building in the world, but he still impresses with its size. On the wall is decorated with a huge marble lobby the Empire State Building is presented as the eighth wonder of the world.
4. 221 B Baker St, London, England, Sherlock Holmes Museum - London house-museum of the legendary detective Sherlock Holmes, literary character, created by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.
5. Eiffel Tower Champ de Mars, (construction completed 25 October 1889 г.) - The most recognizable architectural feature of Paris, World famous as a symbol of France, Named after its designer Gustave Eiffel. Eiffel himself called it simply - the 300-meter tower (tower 300 m?three). AT 2006 year visited the tower 6 719 200 Man, and its history before 31 December 2007-236 445 812 Man. That is, the tower is the most visited attraction in the world. This symbol of Paris was conceived as a temporary structure - tower served as the entrance arch of the Paris World's Fair 1889 of the year. From the planned demolition (through 20 years after the show) radio antenna tower saved, mounted on the top, - This was the era of the introduction of radio.
6. 4059 Mt Lee Dr. Hollywood, famous memorial sign in the Hollywood Hills in Los Angeles, California. Is a word «HOLLYWOOD» (local name), written in large white letters. The sign was created as an advertisement in 1923 year, but eventually became widely known, becoming the hallmark of the U.S. film industry. Located on the southern slope of Mount Lee at the height of 491 m above sea level. During its history, the Hollywood sign is often served to the various jokes and vandalism, it was restored and put under protection with the help of modern security systems. Sign often appears in various films and television programs, for Hollywood or nearby;. Signs of similar style, but with different names often appear in parodies.
7. Buckingham Palace, London, England - Buckingham Palace was originally known as Buckingham House, big city palace, built for the Duke of Buckingham in 1703 year. It was purchased by King George III in 1762 for his private residence. During subsequent 75 years architects John Nash and Edward Blore built three wings around a central courtyard. Palace finally became the official royal palace of the British monarch in the accession to the throne of Queen Victoria in 1837 year.
8. Statue of Liberty, Statue of Liberty (English. Statue of Liberty, full name - Freedom, Enlightening the World, English. Liberty Enlightening the World) - One of the most famous sculptures in the USA and in the world, often referred to as a "symbol of New York City and the U.S.", "A symbol of freedom and democracy", "Lady Liberty". It is a gift of French citizens to the centenary of the American Revolution.
9. Manger Square, Bethlehem, West Bank, Jordan - the river in the Middle East, considered one of the most sacred rivers in the world. It starts at the foot of Mount Hermon, flows through the lake Keene?рет, flows into the Dead Sea. In the lower reaches is a natural border between Israel and Jordan. One of the major waterways of the region. Length 252 km. Repeatedly mentioned in the Bible. According to the Old Testament, Joshua moved overland between the Jewish people miraculously parted the waters of the Jordan, thus completing forty years of wandering Jews in the desert. Later, according Evangeliю, in the waters of the river was baptized Jesus Christ.
10. 2 Macquarie Street, Sydney Opera House (English. Sydney Opera House) - One of the most famous and recognizable buildings in the world, which is a symbol of Australia's largest city, Sydney, and one of the main attractions of Australia - Parusoobraznye shell, forming the roof, make this building one unlike any other in the world. Opera is recognized as one of the greatest works of modern architecture in the world and with 1973 the year is in addition to the Harbour Bridge Sydney's business card. The Sydney Opera House was opened 20 October 1973 , the Queen of England Elizabeth II. Sydney Opera House is located in Sydney Harbour, on Bennelong Point. This place gets its name from the Australian aborigine, position of the first governor of the colony. It is hard to imagine Sydney without the Opera, however, to 1958 year in its place was an ordinary tram depot - to the opera house where the fort was located, and then - the tram depot. The architect of the Opera House is a Dane Jorn Utzon. Despite the successful concept of spherical shells, solves all the problems of building, well suited to mass production, accurate production and ease of installation, construction was delayed, mainly due to interior decoration. It was planned that the construction of the Opera take 4 year and will cost 7 million Australian dollars. Instead,, Opera was built as much 14 years at a cost of 102 million dollars!
In fact, it is difficult just to stay on 10 known addresses around the world, There are so many great places, to travel and visit the address, which are extremely important for individual countries and various religious groups. There are many honorable mentions from the Vatican the tallest building in the world in Dubai. What do you think, What address should be in the best 10-ments of the World?